60+ Vegan Fashion Brands & How You Can Save On Each
With documentaries like Cowspiracy, Food Inc., and Forks Over Knives spreading the word about veganism in recent years, many folks have become aware of the environmental impact and the cruel practices of the meat industry. In fact, a Top Trends in Prepared Foods report found that the population of vegans in the US jumped from one percent in 2014 to six percent in 2017.
However, fewer people are aware that our society’s obsession with fast fashion and with using animal products such as wool, leather, and silk to produce our clothing, shoes, and accessories is having a massive impact on animals and on our fragile environment.
It’s true. A 2017 report by the Global Fashion Agenda in conjunction with the Boston Consulting Group called Pulse of the Fashion Industry found that three of the four most damaging materials for the environment are animal-derived, with cow leather taking the top (dis)honors. And, many of the same unethical practices used in the meat industry, including live-plucking, force feeding, and cruel slaughtering practices, are also found in the production of animal fabrics and materials.
That’s why more and more designers and brands are taking an interest in making vegan, cruelty-free, and animal-free clothing and accessories as a way to mediate their impact on the environment and on our animal friends. From a cute pair of vegan boots to cruelty-free comfy shirts to chic ethically-made handbags, a little research can help you find vegan versions of all of your fashion basics.
And, while you might be worried about how expensive vegan options of your favorite staples are, there are actually plenty of options that are affordable and on par with non-vegan clothing items and accessories.
Vegan fashion brands & discounts
Here we’ve put together a list of over 60 of the best vegan fashion brands selling shoes, apparel, and purses, bags, and accessories. Plus, we’ve offered tips for saving money when you buy cruelty-free goods from each of these brands.
Vegan shoe brands & discounts
- Beyond Skin. Beyond Skin makes vegan-friendly shoes for men and women from 100% recycled polyurethane materials and post-consumer cardboard. Get a $15 discount on your first order when you sign up for their mailing list. Folks in the UK can refer their friends to get a £10 coupon for you and the friends you refer.
- Bhava. Bhava makes stylish animal-free women’s shoes made from organic cotton, premium microfibers, and hand-painted, embossed cork. Check out their Rewards program to earn points when you make purchases, have a birthday, refer friends, write a review, and follow their social media.
- Bourgeois Boheme. Hailing from the UK, this slow-fashion brand makes men’s and women’s boots, shoes, and sandals from non-PVC artisanal vegan leather. Check out their Sale page for discounted items.
- Cri de Couer. French for “cry from the heart,” this company makes vegan shoes and accessories with materials including ultra-suede made from recycled plastic, organic cotton and hemp, and reclaimed wood. They’re currently running a sale where all shoes are under $100.
- Doc Marten’s. You might not think this classic leather shoe company would be vegan-friendly, but they do have a full line of vegan shoes. Students signed up for UNiDAYS can get a 15% discount on all Docs, plus shop on ASOS to get up to 70% off shoes.
- GOOD GUYS (Don’t Wear Leather). Offering men’s and women’s shoes made from sustainable, animal-free materials like natural rubber, microfiber, and canvas, these ethically-made shoes are as chic as they are cruelty-free. Check out the Outlet and Sale pages for discounted items.
- Indosole. Indosole does their part to reduce the environmental damage caused by tires, using recycled tires and eco-friendly natural materials like organic canvas, banana leaves, and grass to make their line of men’s and women’s shoes. Although they don’t have specific sales, their shoes are relatively affordable, maxing out at around $75.
- Insecta Shoes. Based in Brazil, this company makes unisex shoes with recycled bottles and used clothing, all of which are vegan. Grab a 10% discount on your first order when you subscribe to their mailing list.
- Kate Mendenhall. This is the first authentic Texas-style vegan cowboy boot company in the US. Their products are made from a non-PVC, patent microfiber material mostly derived from nylon and polyester. Join their mailing list to receive special coupons and offers.
- Mohop. Mohop creates customizable vegan shoes from sustainable materials using laser cutting and 3D printing technology. Shoes feature interchangeable saree ties made in partnership with Jhoole, a nonprofit social enterprise in India which offers women training, education, and fair labor wages. Get free shipping on all US orders.
- MooShoes. This boutique sells shoes, bags, and accessories from a ton of different vegan brands, including their in-house brand Novacas (spanish for “no cows”). All Novacas shoes are made with water-resistant, Italian-made microfibers that are naturally water resistant and behave much like leather. Check out their Sale tab and sign up for their mailing list to find out about sales and events.
- NAE (No Animal Exploitation). Designed in Portugal and shipped free worldwide, NAE makes vegan men’s and women’s shoes with materials including cork, pineapple, recycled airbags and plastic bottles, and synthetic ecological microfibers. Sign up for their mailing list to get 10% off your first order.
- Native Shoes. Native makes “beast-free” shoes for kids and adults. Receive a 10% discount on your first order when you join their mailing list.
- Nicora. A women-owned and operated shoe company based in Italy and the US, they offer a line of vegan shoes made from habitat-conscious, recycled materials and organic waste, and all of their shoes are made with fair labor. Their products can be recycled at the end of their lifespan or Nicora can repair them for you. Get 15% off your first order when you join their mailing list.
- Olsenhaus. This company uses fair-trade, upcycled, eco-friendly, and vegan materials to make most of their women’s heels and shoes. Check out their suppliers list to find shops with discounted prices.
- Rombaut. Created by Belgian designer Mats Rombaut and sold in Paris, this company develops plant-based materials to make ultra-chic shoes. Check out Shop Style for discounts of 40-70% on Rombaut shoes.
- Rungg. Inspired by nature, Rungg makes PETA-approved premium vegan leather women’s shoes with gorgeous hand-embroidered details. Check out their Collection to find sale items. You can also get free shipping on all US orders, and join the mailing list to get sale updates.
- Susi Studio. Susi is based in LA and offers vegan women’s shoes. Get 10% off your first order when you sign up for their mailing list.
- Sydney Brown. This vegan luxury shoe company offers products manufactured by ethical labor in Portugal and derived entirely from cruelty-free recycled and sustainable materials. Get 15% off your first order plus exclusive offers when you join their mailing list.
Vegan clothing brands & discounts
- Alabama Chanin. They make stylish women’s clothing and home goods from 100% organic cotton fabric. Sign up for their mailing list to get 10% off your first purchase.
- Aritzia. Aritzia is a boutique featuring a hand-curated line of eco-friendly, fair labor women’s clothing and accessories from a number of different independent brands. Get free shipping on orders over $100, join their mailing list for exclusive offers, and check out their Sale page for discounted items.
- Boli + Chip. Based in Spain, Boli + Chip makes simple children’s, women’s, and unisex clothing plus bags and jewelry, most of which bears a vegan message. Follow them on Tictail to get exclusive offers.
- Brave GentleMan. This company makes luxury, slow-fashion items with vegan leather, wool, silk, and other plant-based materials. Join their mailing list to get 10% off your first order, plus check out their Sale page for discounted items.
- Brown Boy. Brown Boy makes yoga pants, cotton tees, and other comfy clothes for adults and kids. They use 100% organic cotton, their products are chemical-free, and all of their clothes are made using fair labor practices. Sign up for their mailing list for special offers and spend over $75 to unlock free shipping.
- Della. Della is an LA-based fashion line focused on empowering Ghanaian women by offering them jobs, education, and skills training. Their products are all sustainably-made and you can find discounted items on their Sample Sale page.
- Groceries Apparel. This cozy, eco-friendly, men’s and women’s apparel company lets you shop by “ingredient,” with categories including recycled cotton and plastic, hemp, eucalyptus, and more. Receive a 15% off coupon when you join their mailing list, plus check out their Sale page for discounted items.
- Herbivore Clothing Company. Started in Portland, OR in 2002, this company sells cruelty-free clothing and accessories, many of which feature pro-vegan messages. Join their mailing list to get a 10% coupon on your first order and check out their Sale page for sale items.
- In The Soulshine. This company makes fun vegan printed shirts and accessories for adults and children and donates a portion of their profits to animal sanctuaries and other cruelty-free nonprofits. Check out their Sale page for discounted items.
- James & Co. James & Co offers certified vegan women’s outerwear and accessories, including badass bomber jackets and vegan leather vests. They donate 5% off proceeds to mental health organizations as well. Get 15% off your first purchase when you join their mailing list. They also have a Rewards program where you can earn points for making purchases, referring friends, and following them on social media.
- Keep. Launched in 2006, Keep makes vegan, cruelty-free shoes and clothing. All items are made in facilities monitored by third-party nonprofits to ensure safe and fair working conditions. Get a 10% coupon and access to exclusive offers when you join their mailing list, plus check their Clearance page for discounted items.
- Kowtow. Kowtow offers hip ethical and sustainable clothing. It should be noted that they’re often called a vegan brand, but they do use merino wool sourced with high ethical standards, so they’re not technically animal-free. Get $10 off your first purchase when you join their mailing list.
- Kuyichi. Kuyichi is a Dutch brand that specializes in denim items made from 100% organic cotton (either recycled or grown sustainably), recycled polyester, linen, Tencel, and jacron, a recycled paper product used to make the patches on their denim. Kuyichi doesn’t offer sales to ensure fair wages to their suppliers and to help maintain their slow fashion ethos.
- Loomstate. Based in NYC, they make men’s and women’s apparel and uniforms from 100% organic cotton. Join their mailing list for private sales and events.
- Miakoda. This company is also based in NYC and specializes in comfy women’s clothing and athletic wear made from plant-based, eco-friendly, sustainable materials. Join their mailing list to get 10% off your first order.
- Noumenon. Noumenon is based in The Netherlands and creates entirely European-made women’s clothing using sustainable textiles like organic cotton and tree pulp as well as recycled materials. They use an electric car for delivery in The Netherlands and make all of their labels and packaging from recycled materials. Check their sale page for up to 50% off final stock from previous collections.
- Pact. Get sweatshirts, tees, undies, and other basics made from 100% organic, fair-trade cotton from Pact. They offer a 20% discount on your first order when you join their mailing list, plus you can get $20 for you and a 20% discount for your friends when you refer them to Pact.
- Reformation. Reformation makes women’s clothing from sustainable materials like TENCEL (created from Eucalyptus trees), repurposed vintage clothing, and deadstock fabrics. Check out their Sale page for discounted items, plus keep up with their site for discounts like their current sale up to 70% off many items.
- Stella McCartney. Well-known animal rights activist Stella McCartney developed this line of luxury clothes, shoes, and accessories from cruelty-free materials, although it should be noted that they do use some animal-derived fabrics. Check out Farfetch to find discounted Stella McCartney items, plus use the code A10FF to get 10% off your first Farfetch order.
- Wawwa. Not only are Wawwa’s clothing items organic and vegan certified, but they also “climate neutral,” meaning they are made with sustainable energy to reduce CO2 emissions. Sign up for their mailing list to get 15% off your first order, and take a look at their Sale page for discounted items.
- Wuxly. This company makes warm, sustainable, animal-free coats using ethical labor. Join their mailing list to get exclusive promotions.
- Vaute. Vaute makes couture coats and other items from recycled and organic fibers. They’re currently on summer hiatus, but when winter rolls around, they ship free throughout the US and regularly advertise huge sales on their Twitter page.
- Vegan Chic. This awesome site sells vegan apparel and accessories from a bunch of different retailers, many of whom are listed in this guide. Sign up to become a member, and you’ll get 10% off your first purchase, a $15 coupon on your birthday, seasonal promo codes, and points for discounts on future purchases each time you buy something from them.
Purses, bags, and accessory brands & discounts
- Angela Roi. Founded by Angela Roi, this company makes sturdy, sleek bags and wallets from polyurethane leather. They can be found on Amour Vert where you can get a 15% discount off your first purchase when you sign up for their mailing list.
- Corkor. Corkor makes fashionable vegan leather men’s and women’s bags, wallets, accessories, and belts from FSC-certified cork and other non-toxic sustainable materials. Sign up for their mailing list to receive exclusive offers and updates.
- Deux Lux. This company produces stylish clutches, messenger bags, and accessories from animal-friendly synthetic materials. Join their newsletter to get 15% off your first purchase, and take a look at their Sale page for discounted items.
- Doshi. Based in southern California, Doshi makes rugged vegan handbags, belts, and accessories from recycled base materials and synthetic leathers, all produced in clean, eco-friendly factories. Get $25 off your first order of over $100 when you use the code: NiceToMeetYou20.
- ECO-IST. ECO-IST makes bags, sunglasses, and accessories with sustainable materials like cork, bamboo, banana fabrics, and hemp. All other materials are either recycled or upcycled. Every purchase you make ships free in the US.
- Gunas. Started in NYC in 2009, Gunas bills themselves as the first US vegan handbag company. Their products are made from upcycled, vintage, recycled, and cruelty-free materials. Join their Rewards program to earn points for purchases, referring friends, following them on social media, and more. Get 10% off when you join their mailing list and check out their Clearance page for discounted items.
- Hipsters For Sisters. This company makes recycled, upcycled, and low-impact belt bags and fanny packs with natural materials and vegan leathers. Get 20% off your first order when you join their mailing list.
- Jaan J. Jaan J offers non-silk vegan ties and accessories like handkerchiefs and pocket squares made from cotton. Check out their Sale page for discounted items, plus get free shipping on orders over $75.
- Jill Milan. Founded by Jill Milan, this company makes luxury handbags that are free of animal products and are a favorite of celebrities including Anne Hathaway, Eva Longoria, and Kristen Wiig among others. Save 20% off your first order by signing up for their mailing list, and check out their Last Chance page for majorly discounted items.
- Matt & Nat. Matt and Nat make purses, bags, and shoes from 100% vegan leather with recycled bottle linings. Sign up for their mailing list to get exclusive discounts, plus check out their Sale page for discounted goods.
- Melie Bianco. Melie Bianco makes quality, affordable, fair trade vegan handbags from polyurethane derived from natural materials. Join the Melie Girls Club to get 50% off your first purchase.
- Miomojo. Describing themselves as “ethicool,” this Italian company makes bags, purses, and wallets from cruelty-free materials. They also donate 10% of all proceeds to projects that help animals in need. Take a look at their Bundles and Offers page to save on matching bag sets.
- Nella Bella. Nella Bella is a Canadian brand that makes classic handbags and accessories using PETA-approved vegan materials and upcycled fabrics. Use promo code: NBFRIENDS to save 25% off your order. See their Sale page for reduced-price items.
- Planet Guests. They create shoes, bags, and accessories from 100% vegan materials developed by eco-conscious designers. While there aren’t any specific discounts, all orders over $150 ship for free in the US.
- Rewilder. Based in LA, this company makes backpacks and bags from salvaged non-recyclable materials. They offer a “takeback” program where you can send the bag back to them at the end of its lifespan and they’ll either recycle it, repair it, or build you something new with the used materials, giving you a 35% discount and free shipping on your order.
- Tokyo Bags. This Hong-Kong-based design house is one of the first to present a line of vegan bags exclusively for men. Styles include briefcases, backpacks, duffels, messenger bags, and more and are made from vegan leather, Japanese canvas, polyurethane, and sustainable materials like rubber and cork. They have monthly promos including this month’s free worldwide shipping deal, so be sure to check their homepage.
- Urban Originals. Offers PETA-approved bags and wallets made from low-chemical, eco-friendly vegan materials and leathers. Get 10% off your first order when you join their mailing list, plus get complimentary shipping on all US orders.
- Votch. Votch is a UK-based watch company that makes all of their watch bands with TPE, polyester, and cotton. Join their mailing list to get exclusive promo codes and advanced notice of sales.
- Westland Jewelry. Westland uses 100% recycled metal and vegan-certified materials in their rings and other jewelry items. Subscribe to their mailing list to get 15% off your first order.
A fashionable and affordable wardrobe doesn’t have to come at the expense of animals or our environment. More designers and clothing companies are beginning to realize the impact of their manufacturing processes and their materials, which means with time, vegan, plant-based, cruelty-free, and sustainable options are only going to become more widely-available and more affordable. Check out the companies we’ve listed here to get started building your kind, eco-friendly closet today!
We’ve got plenty more ideas for saving money and being good to the world around you here at the Knoji blog, so be sure to check back with us regularly. And, while you’re here, pop over to the Knoji homepage where we’ve answered thousands of questions about how to save money at your favorite retailers.